The terms used in the article below correspond to iSYBUY. To find iBAT equivalents, click on this link.
On the eve of your holidays, you would like to be able to appoint a colleague as your delegate so that he or she can process purchase and approval requests on your behalf throughout your absence.
As a delegate, you want to be notified each time you have an action to carry out for which you have delegated authority so that you can carry it out, while specifying your position as delegate so that your action and legitimacy can be traced.
The "Delegation if absent" feature allows the delegator to define a period of absence and the user(s) who will have the role of delegate: during this period all notification emails will be sent to the delegate(s), as well as to the delegator.
In this article:
- What to do in the event of absence ?
- Duration of delegation
- Mails and notification
- Approval process
- Supplier creation request
What to do in the event of absence ?
If a user is absent, they can delegate authority to one or more other users within their organisation, to ensure that their work continues during their absence.
From now on, when you are logged in and you click on your name (at the top right of the screen), a panel of this type will be displayed and you can select "Delegation if absent".
If you click on it, you will open the popup window allowing you to give your access to another user in your company, and to configure the dates of absence.
The popup contains several items of information :
- The choice of delegate (1), and the delegate's capacity to commit.
- Selection of absence dates (2)
- The ability to compare the list of delegate/delegate privileges* (3)
- The option to add an additional person to the delegation (4)
- The button to save your action and update the delegation (5)
Duration of delegation
A delegation can have a fixed duration, as in the case of planned leave, or an indefinite duration, as in the case of delegation of authority/signature to an assistant, for example.
If the start and end dates are met, the delegation will only be active during that period, whereas if no date is met, the delegation period is infinite.
Important: There is no limit on delegation dates. If the start date is before or equal to the current date, the delegation takes effect immediately.
Mails and notifications
A delegate receives a copy of all emails sent to the delegator during the delegation period.
The notifications on the home page indicate the actions to be taken, whether they concern a project of the delegator or one of the delegate.
When an order with an approval path is validated, the words "XXXX - Delegate of YYYY" are displayed, so that the applicant knows with whom his order is awaiting approval.
- Pay attention to the delegate's commitment threshold. If it is lower than that of the delegator, the delegate may be unable to validate an order. To be on the safe side, we recommend that you temporarily allocate a commitment threshold to the delegate which is similar to that of the delegator.
- A delegation of authority enables the delegate to be positioned at the same hierarchical validation level as the delegator in all approval paths concerning him/her.
- If a delegator is made inactive/deactivated by its organisation, the delegate's privileges, rights and access are immediately interrupted.
Supplier creation requests
When a supplier creation request approver makes a delegation if absent, the delegate is automatically added to the list of configured approvers. During the delegation period, the delegate will be notified by email of each supplier creation request concerning the delegator, and will be able to validate or refuse each request. At the end of the delegation period, the delegate will be automatically removed from the list of approvers of supplier creation requests.
Do you have any other questions we haven't thought of? Send us your request at this address. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related keywords :
delegation - absence - privilege - approval path - order - order validation - purchase