The terms used in the article below correspond to iSYBUY. To find iBAT equivalents, click on this link.
Defining a transaction approval circuit allows you to better control and segment your business processes. You can define one or more approvers in cascade, by company, by order type, by analytical axis, by amount or even by line manager.
There are 2 main new features compared with the previous management of approval paths :
- The ability to include a hierarchical dimension in workflows (N+1, site manager, department manager, agency manager, etc.)
- The ability to integrate the notion of analytical axes in addition to workflow types (free input, invoices, holidays, etc.).
With this workflow management system, the possibilities are endless (or almost!)
Workflow management can only be accessed and modified by users with ADMIN privilege at GROUP level.
In this article :
Activating the functionnality
If you already have a configuration incorporating approval management before April 2023, this new functionality cannot be activated independently.
Activation de la fonctionnalité
Si vous souhaitez avoir plus d'informations sur le sujet, n'hésitez pas à contacter votre référent iBAT ou bien à nous écrire à email@example.com.
How do workflows work ?
An approval process works as follows for all iSYBUY transactions :
A transaction corresponds to the object that triggers the circuit (order, invoice, tally, consultation, etc.).
To date :
|Enables you to define the workflow for a purchase requisition, before it is converted into a purchase order.
|Allows you to define the workflow for transforming a basket into an order, before it is sent to the supplier.
|Defines the workflow for an invoice.
Enables you to define the workflow for a contract before it is published.
|Launch of consultations
|Allows you to control the clocking workflow
|Enables you to control the absence workflow for employees
|Enables you to control the workflow for opening supplier enquiries.
|Allows you to define the closing workflow and the result of the supplier consultation
- The conditions depend on the approval circuit
- The conditions depend on the format of the condition (text, numeric or date)
- The available values depend on the associated condition
- Approvers depend on the approval circuit they relate to
If you wish, we can send you an Excel file listing all the objects that can be used in the workflows. Just ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of possible cases
- iSYBUY - Orders: IF type of order is standard or open THEN Approver: Thomas
- iBAT Time - Absences: IF absence requested by an employee from the Depot department THEN Approver: Eric; Except if employee = Eric, then approver = Jean-Louis
- IF order value > €20,000 THEN Approver: site manager
- Conditions are read from top to bottom. We therefore recommend that you list the exceptions to be dealt with first, followed by the general cases.
- They are cumulative. This means that if there are several rules for the same conditions, the itinerary will read them all (from the first to the last), and will not point out any written inconsistencies.
Do you have any other questions we haven't thought of? Send us your request at this address. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related keywords :
Workflows - approval path - circuit - purchase - time - consult