The terms used in the article below correspond to iSYBUY. To find iBAT equivalents, click on this link.
The basket optimisation module enables you to analyse your basket of free-entry items, to propose alternative catalogue items (identical or equivalent) at the negotiated price, which is often lower.
This option is available on specific activation request. If you would like more information on this subject, please contact your iSYBUY representative or write to us at email@example.com.
Optimising the shopping basket complements OCR Quotation Scanning: the former encourages fast free-form entries, the latter automatically matches them with your catalogue.
In this article :
- First steps and objective of basket optimisation
- Results the algorithm can achieve
- Summary of the benefits of the intelligent basket
First steps and objective of basket optimisation
Once you have added the scanned quote items to your basket, they are compared with your catalogue to detect any matches.
The aim is to replace free-entry items (from a scanned quote, for example) with equivalent catalogue items, and if possible with lower prices. The algorithm performs an analysis of the exact matches between item references and the semantic proximity of designations.
Results the algorithm can achieve
Here is what the algorithm can display in a summary view :
- The number of "off-catalogue" items, i.e. items whose reference does not exist in a catalogue and whose description does not find a close equivalent. This encourages users to be extra vigilant before confirming their order.
- The number of items with an identical catalogue reference and a lower price. The user can then replace them with one click and without hesitation. The number of non-catalogue items is reduced accordingly, and immediate savings are made.
- The number of items with a description identical or close to the catalogue and with a lower price. Users can also replace them with a single click. The number of non-catalogue items is reduced by the same amount and immediate savings are made.
The algorithm also displays the catalogue item(s) that are equivalent to the items in the basket.
- If an identical reference is found, the catalogue item is suggested. A visual indication shows whether the catalogue price is higher or lower. The user can then replace the item to make the basket more reliable.
- If one or more identical or similar designations are found, the catalogue items are proposed in order of relevance, with an indication of the price (higher or lower). Users can then select the catalogue item of their choice, with no risk of error and with savings.
Summary of the benefits of the intelligent basket
- Your users save time by avoiding unnecessary data entry.
- You can reduce the number of non-catalogue orders (without banning free input).
- You save money by encouraging the choice of equivalent catalogue items.
If you have subscribed to the OCR option, the intelligent basket can be used as a complement to place orders using your supplier catalogues and get competitive prices.
As a reminder, OCR allows you to scan a quote sent to you by one of your suppliers directly into your iSYBUY application, saving you time when placing an order. You can do this from your mobile phone if you have subscribed to the mobile application, but also from your PC. If you'd like to find out more, here's a full article on OCR that you can find in our help centre.
Do you have any other questions we haven't thought of? Send us your request at this address. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related keywords :
Basket - intelligent basket - OCR - optimisation - time saving - reconciliation - catalogue - items - prices - reduced - tariff - lower - free input - Purchase